A case FOR racism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A case FOR racism

"DATS RAYCIST!" I'm sure you've heard this time and time again as the USA tries harder and harder to tamp down on racism and saying things that are even remotely racist, even though there's no such thing as hate speech. Matal v. Tam (2017). And where has this gotten us? Far as I can tell there is MORE racism happening now than there was 30 years ago when you could call someone a nigger and while it wasn't "fine" people didn't react like it was the worst thing in the world. Call someone a nigger faggot chink kike whatever and you have an entire group of people who will try and ruin your life via social media. Sure the government can't arrest you for speech, but they can lean on social media platforms to crush you in a blatant case of outsourced tyranny. (Looking at you Twitter and Facebook) Hell I even saw a black substitute teacher body slam some young white teen for calling him a nigger, meanwhile people in the comments defended the teacher for assaulting the kid. To the anti racist, NOTHING is worse than racism and all repercussions are deemed OK. In reality a weak willed adult beat up a kid for a word. Imagine being so thin skinned and lacking self control that you beat up a child for a word?

But has it made the world a less racist place? I would say no. Black people attack Asian people at a much higher level than anyone else. Ask a Mexican what he thinks of a black person and you'll hear some shit. Hell if you get an off the boat African talking about an American black, you'll hear some truly bigoted shit. Then we come to white people, the biggest ethnicity in the whole country. We've been groomed since birth to not be racist and it was going good as things got better organically. Almost all white people supported black people, Asians, South Americans and so on without being forced to do so, that is until the last 20 or so years. When Barak Obama came into office, you had the greatest political stick of all time, racism. Don't agree with Obama, you're a racist. Why say anything else when it will always be the biggest counter attack? After Obama left office, people knew that it was the ultimate clap back as just about everything became racist. Milk? Racist. Math? Racist. Time? Yep, you guessed it, racist. As time went on, people started to actually become racist as the main group of people on POC's side, white people, started to actually become prejudice and bigoted. The difference between now and 30 years ago is social media silencing people, forcing them to sit on their words and keep quiet. No longer is there a pressure release valve of being able to call someone a chink or nigger when they cut you off in traffic. There are no release valves aside from certain places on the internet where you're allowed to speak freely. Anonymous sites like 4chan and free speech forums like NewTotse allow for that little release. But not everyone knows about these places and will bottle up their emotions, they will keep building on that hate until it becomes actual, real racism. Without a way to let it out and not have the world go to flames, we will eventually explode and real violence will start.

The world needs the ability to be an asshole without having your life ended for it, it is the lesser of the two evils. The other side of that coin is a kid with a few hundred dollars to buy an AR and go on a rampage. Hyperbolic? Maybe. I'd rather live in a world where people let out little hates instead of bottling it all up until it explodes. That's just my two cents, you can tell me to fuck off.​

Bro I think about this all the time. Growing up we called each other faggots and niggers all the time and it wasn't a big deal. Now a days I can't even call a female a bitch.
    [IP: LOGGED]

Comment

Now days you have to have a "pass" in order for saying something to be socially acceptable, IE the "N-word pass". It doesn't really matter if you know your audience. Oh, and what the FUCK happened with the word retard? Now you're supposed to have a "pass" to say that too? If you have the time to worry about someone hurting your feelings, you desperately need to re-evaluate your life. Children in Yemen are eating drone missiles for breakfast, and the purchasing power of the minimum wage is still steadily declining, and you choose to worry about someone saying "retard"?

Comment

Nah, fuck that. Real mother fuckers don't get mad when you throw the words around. Like, I say nigga all the time and body says shit because it's about context. People understand that, if you're saying nigga as a term of endearment they don't care. If you say retard as a gentle insult, they take it in stride.

The problem is people like this stupid cunt on /r/Drugs's discord that will come in every day and cry about screenshots.
        [IP: LOGGED]

Comment

People are just retarded brotherman. We'll see the heartbeat of the decade in the upcoming election. Don't get your hopes up though because we can't remake a product constituted of its time. That is to say we aren't getting the 00s back, or the mentality of then. New blood means new memes. Jenkem, Huff raid, murder/suicide, and lolcows weren't birthed out of thin air. Some retarded kid came along and a genius made a group of people leading him on and fucking with him a memorable event.

The problem now is the atmosphere that supported higher life is now poison to it. Twitter, YT, etc. fucking suck. Hopefully we can attract enough unfettered autism to flip the page back to genesis.

Comment

Originally posted by Herren View Post
            People are just retarded brotherman. We'll see the heartbeat of the decade in the upcoming election. Don't get your hopes up though because we can't remake a product constituted of its time. That is to say we aren't getting the 00s back, or the mentality of then. New blood means new memes. Jenkem, Huff raid, murder/suicide, and lolcows weren't birthed out of thin air. Some retarded kid came along and a genius made a group of people leading him on and fucking with him a memorable event.

The problem now is the atmosphere that supported higher life is now poison to it. Twitter, YT, etc. fucking suck. Hopefully we can attract enough unfettered autism to flip the page back to genesis.
            I've been thinking a lot about this lately. It's my belief that INTERNET 3.0 or whatever it is now will just be a handful of apps and most people won't even know what a web browser is, let alone book marks and forums. People who still use them will be considered the old tech weirdos and the internet will separate between those who KNOW and those who don't know. I say this is a good thing. If you were around for the old internet days, you had to know what you were doing to get on the net. Usenet groups, P2P shit, hell even BBS distilled information. You had to know what you were talking about or else you were filtered out as someone who didn't. In the next 10 or 20 years, my guess is you'll see a separation and 2 distinct internets, the unindexed net and the horse shit.

Comment

Hot Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

New Totse Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 224   Posts: 819   Members: 63   Active Members: 7
            Welcome to our newest member, Phoenix.
            Working...
            X