Easy caltrops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy caltrops

In case you didn't know, caltrops are little bits of metal that were thrown on the ground by the pursued to go through the shoes of the pursuers. I'm sure you've seen the tripod style of caltrops where it's basically just a triangle. Well that's too hard to make in abundance so an easier way is to get a long metal dowel rod from your local home depot style store and cut it into inch or so long pieces, sharpen the ends with a grinder or coarse stone and use pliers to twist them. 1 side goes up, the other side goes down. That way when you toss a handful on the ground, one side will always be pointing up. If this doesn't make sense, grab a paper clip and twist it until one side is up and the other side is down when you toss it on a table top. A small sack full of these is a nasty surprise to anyone chasing you and can even disable a car with a punctured tire.

That's a genius idea
    [IP: LOGGED]

Comment

This one summer I obsessed with making caltrops and laying them at the entrance to a jobsite parking lot. My bizarre fantasy lasted for weeks. I don't know why; I really liked working there. Maybe the summer heat was getting to me.

Comment

You could also use nails but nails are pretty hard to bend.

Comment

Originally posted by Vega View Post
          This one summer I obsessed with making caltrops and laying them at the entrance to a jobsite parking lot. My bizarre fantasy lasted for weeks. I don't know why; I really liked working there. Maybe the summer heat was getting to me.
          [IP: LOGGED]

Comment

Hot Topics

Collapse

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

New Totse Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 219   Posts: 794   Members: 62   Active Members: 8
          Welcome to our newest member, chris85.
          Working...
          X