It was old games, now it's old software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was old games, now it's old software

Trying to fire up a bbs on my old commodore 64. If anyone is interested in old software, not just old games, then look no further https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary

I've always wanted to figure out a way to make an interpreter for legacy systems that would allow people to read and post on New Totse via the classic BBS UI. BBS was just dying out when I started getting into computers so I feel like I kind of missed out.
    [IP: LOGGED]

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
      I've always wanted to figure out a way to make an interpreter for legacy systems that would allow people to read and post on New Totse via the classic BBS UI. BBS was just dying out when I started getting into computers so I feel like I kind of missed out.
      You did tend to meet people who actually knew what they were talking about since the internet was actually a process instead of an icon you just click on. I used to hang out on a Batman themed BBS. I knew the SysOp and he gave me free run of the system even though I was still a minor. Fun times.

Comment

Shit, even when I found Totse back in 2003 or so and the internet was still kind of new it was a lot different.

Comment

Shit, even when I found Totse back in 2003 or so and the internet was still kind of new it was a lot different.
          I'm so glad I grew up in the 90s and 00s, I feel like those were really the frontier days of the new net. We had all this new technology and space to go wild with it, and they're weren't really any "rules" yet. It was like people had more of an understanding about what they were actually getting into. Hell, I found my first Chechen war murder video at around 12 and that's when I realized this was some serious shit.
          ​​​​​
          ​​​​​​S​​​​​​unshine makes the Shibas grow.

Comment

Originally posted by MomentaryLapseOfReason View Post

I'm so glad I grew up in the 90s and 00s, I feel like those were really the frontier days of the new net. We had all this new technology and space to go wild with it, and they're weren't really any "rules" yet. It was like people had more of an understanding about what they were actually getting into. Hell, I found my first Chechen war murder video at around 12 and that's when I realized this was some serious shit.
            ​​​​​
            Bro I remember when there were PSAs and shit like "Don't give out your real name or address on the internet" now mother fuckers check-in to their exact location on multiple major platforms.

Comment

Bro I remember when there were PSAs and shit like "Don't give out your real name or address on the internet" now mother fuckers check-in to their exact location on multiple major platforms.
              I grew up with that and stuck with it. I'm pretty much a digital ghost now.

Comment

I'm from that weird in-between stage where for some people it was okay to give out your name and address, but you better not do that shit publically and better be good and damn sure it's a good move first.

Comment

Right? I was always careful, never got raped, doxxed, swatted or anything else, but every single one of the best friends and relationships I've ever had were with people I met online.
                  ​​​​​​S​​​​​​unshine makes the Shibas grow.

Comment

Yep, first girl I kissed was a chick I met online in an MSN chat room.

Comment

Yep, first girl I kissed was a chick I met online in an MSN chat room.
                      Lost my virginity to a typo.

Comment

Hot Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

New Totse Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 224   Posts: 819   Members: 63   Active Members: 7
                      Welcome to our newest member, Phoenix.
                      Working...
                      X