OG Commodore 64 monitor died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OG Commodore 64 monitor died

Now I gotta gut the fucking thing to figure out which capacitor died or replace my VIC chip. All I wanted to do was test my new Paperclip 3 software"(

Oh man that's harsh. I fear that some day all my retro tech will be dead and me with no soldering skills
    [IP: LOGGED]

Comment

That's a motherfucker. I haven't powered mine up in probably 6 or 7 years now, same with the C64 itself. I'm scared to see what I'll find when I do. I've got two of the big original 1541 drives as well, and I already know they're fucked. The ship we used back in like 1991 doesn't exist anymore and I don't know where else to go for those.
      ​​​​​​S​​​​​​unshine makes the Shibas grow.

Comment

^ The 1541 drives may be repairable depending on what the issue actually is. Could be dusty, have bad belts, or simply need to white lithium
        [IP: LOGGED]

Comment

I have a vic 20 1541 that just requires a new ram chip. My American 1541 has a bad stepper drive. I just haven't gotten around to fixing it. I sent my original monitor off to get fixed and in the mean time, got a old 15 inch flat screen magnavox that has all the inputs a growing boy could want, built in speakers too. The shit part is I think my DIN AV cable is busted or my SID is bad since I'm not getting any sound. Gotta get this all fixed before my ultimate 2 finally comes in.

Comment

Hot Topics

Collapse

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

New Totse Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 219   Posts: 794   Members: 62   Active Members: 8
          Welcome to our newest member, chris85.
          Working...
          X