OG Commodore 64 monitor died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OG Commodore 64 monitor died

Now I gotta gut the fucking thing to figure out which capacitor died or replace my VIC chip. All I wanted to do was test my new Paperclip 3 software"(

Oh man that's harsh. I fear that some day all my retro tech will be dead and me with no soldering skills
    [IP: LOGGED]

Comment

That's a motherfucker. I haven't powered mine up in probably 6 or 7 years now, same with the C64 itself. I'm scared to see what I'll find when I do. I've got two of the big original 1541 drives as well, and I already know they're fucked. The ship we used back in like 1991 doesn't exist anymore and I don't know where else to go for those.
      ​​​​​​S​​​​​​unshine makes the Shibas grow.

Comment

^ The 1541 drives may be repairable depending on what the issue actually is. Could be dusty, have bad belts, or simply need to white lithium
        [IP: LOGGED]

Comment

I have a vic 20 1541 that just requires a new ram chip. My American 1541 has a bad stepper drive. I just haven't gotten around to fixing it. I sent my original monitor off to get fixed and in the mean time, got a old 15 inch flat screen magnavox that has all the inputs a growing boy could want, built in speakers too. The shit part is I think my DIN AV cable is busted or my SID is bad since I'm not getting any sound. Gotta get this all fixed before my ultimate 2 finally comes in.

Comment

Hot Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

New Totse Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 224   Posts: 819   Members: 63   Active Members: 7
          Welcome to our newest member, Phoenix.
          Working...
          X