Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone here a NEET?

Hi

Just wondering if anyone here is a NEET? NEET means "not in education, employment, nor training".

I identify as a NEET as I am not working, nor am I going to school or anything. I'm disabled and get money from the government every month for my disabilities.

Most days I'm quite despondent. It's a boring and uneventful life just sitting at home. That's mostly what I do all day. I sit in front of my computer in my parent's basement. I wish I could go out more but I have mobility issues.

Truth be told I've had disabilities since 2013. But February 10, 2021 was my actual last day working. I burned out completely that day and walked off the job.

I'm proud I lasted over a decade being a working man but this is a new chapter for me. I'm not sure if I'll ever go back to work. My old employer wants to hire me back but I don't think I can handle the job anymore. (I was an Ironworker foreman.)

Anyways just wondering if anyone else here is a NEET.

What's your disability?

Comment

i'd rather not say

Comment

Can't say that I am
        [IP: LOGGED]

Comment

I was in that boat for around 7 years after high school (the best of my &T days), and also for 4 years after chemo. I couldn't pull the long hours that I used to, and medicaid was covering all my bills for the surgeries, meds, and everything else. I did shall jobs on the side to just make enough to get by and kinda flat along. I got so bored with that though and I needed a change. So I got a part time job fixing appliances like refrigerators and laundry sets and such. I do around 15-20 hours a week, pretty much whatever hours I feel like working. It keeps me in a bit of a routine, gets me out of the house and around people, and at the same time it's light enough that I don't bomb out my body so I can't do anything in my free time.
          ​​​​​​S​​​​​​unshine makes the Shibas grow.

Comment

Holy shit, dude. If you're doing a flat rate $50 for the labor + parts you could be making $1,000/week doing something that isn't that difficult (except washing machines, fuck washing machines)
            [IP: LOGGED]

Comment

Originally posted by MomentaryLapseOfReason View Post
              I was in that boat for around 7 years after high school (the best of my &T days), and also for 4 years after chemo. I couldn't pull the long hours that I used to, and medicaid was covering all my bills for the surgeries, meds, and everything else. I did shall jobs on the side to just make enough to get by and kinda flat along. I got so bored with that though and I needed a change. So I got a part time job fixing appliances like refrigerators and laundry sets and such. I do around 15-20 hours a week, pretty much whatever hours I feel like working. It keeps me in a bit of a routine, gets me out of the house and around people, and at the same time it's light enough that I don't bomb out my body so I can't do anything in my free time.
              Are you the original MomentaryLapseOfReason?

Comment

Yassir. I don't know how I would prove it, but it's me, and not much has changed.
                ​​​​​​S​​​​​​unshine makes the Shibas grow.

Comment

Hot Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

New Totse Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 224   Posts: 819   Members: 63   Active Members: 7
                Welcome to our newest member, Phoenix.
                Working...
                X