Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone here a NEET?

Hi

Just wondering if anyone here is a NEET? NEET means "not in education, employment, nor training".

I identify as a NEET as I am not working, nor am I going to school or anything. I'm disabled and get money from the government every month for my disabilities.

Most days I'm quite despondent. It's a boring and uneventful life just sitting at home. That's mostly what I do all day. I sit in front of my computer in my parent's basement. I wish I could go out more but I have mobility issues.

Truth be told I've had disabilities since 2013. But February 10, 2021 was my actual last day working. I burned out completely that day and walked off the job.

I'm proud I lasted over a decade being a working man but this is a new chapter for me. I'm not sure if I'll ever go back to work. My old employer wants to hire me back but I don't think I can handle the job anymore. (I was an Ironworker foreman.)

Anyways just wondering if anyone else here is a NEET.

What's your disability?

Comment

i'd rather not say

Comment

Can't say that I am
        [IP: LOGGED]

Comment

I was in that boat for around 7 years after high school (the best of my &T days), and also for 4 years after chemo. I couldn't pull the long hours that I used to, and medicaid was covering all my bills for the surgeries, meds, and everything else. I did shall jobs on the side to just make enough to get by and kinda flat along. I got so bored with that though and I needed a change. So I got a part time job fixing appliances like refrigerators and laundry sets and such. I do around 15-20 hours a week, pretty much whatever hours I feel like working. It keeps me in a bit of a routine, gets me out of the house and around people, and at the same time it's light enough that I don't bomb out my body so I can't do anything in my free time.
          ​​​​​​S​​​​​​unshine makes the Shibas grow.

Comment

Holy shit, dude. If you're doing a flat rate $50 for the labor + parts you could be making $1,000/week doing something that isn't that difficult (except washing machines, fuck washing machines)
            [IP: LOGGED]

Comment

Originally posted by MomentaryLapseOfReason View Post
              I was in that boat for around 7 years after high school (the best of my &T days), and also for 4 years after chemo. I couldn't pull the long hours that I used to, and medicaid was covering all my bills for the surgeries, meds, and everything else. I did shall jobs on the side to just make enough to get by and kinda flat along. I got so bored with that though and I needed a change. So I got a part time job fixing appliances like refrigerators and laundry sets and such. I do around 15-20 hours a week, pretty much whatever hours I feel like working. It keeps me in a bit of a routine, gets me out of the house and around people, and at the same time it's light enough that I don't bomb out my body so I can't do anything in my free time.
              Are you the original MomentaryLapseOfReason?

Comment

Yassir. I don't know how I would prove it, but it's me, and not much has changed.
                ​​​​​​S​​​​​​unshine makes the Shibas grow.

Comment

Hot Topics

Collapse

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

New Totse Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 219   Posts: 794   Members: 62   Active Members: 8
                Welcome to our newest member, chris85.
                Working...
                X