Man, I've missed Totse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, I've missed Totse

Will this revival succed? I've been through so many... Best of luck and happy new year.

It will remain online forever, I'm just not sure I can pull in enough people to make it real active.
    [IP: LOGGED]

Comment

I have a belief that forums will become a big thing again in the next 5 or so years. Regular social media is becoming too censored and controlled. AI is starting to be able to pick out subjects and intent when it comes to wording. Soon you won't be able to have anything but sterile, boring, politically correct thoughts. When that happens people will gravitate to places where free speech is absolute as it can be without breaking first amendment laws.

Comment

I also think forums will make a comeback, the question is just whether or not New Totse will become a big player.

Personally unless 5 more people start posting I don't see it happening.

Comment

Man, bored at work and thinking of my youths and turns out y'all are still lurking around somewhere. How the fuck you been?

Comment

Been good myself. When Totse went down I was a fresh new adult just getting my life started, and now I'm a seasoned veteran working a dead end job running a Totse offshoot. Life is exactly where I pictured it 15 years ago

Comment

I was a shitty teenager and now I'm a semi functional adult with two kids and work for an online exotic pet store. Part of that came out of nowhere, mainly the "semi functional" part.

Comment

Truthfully my job came out of nowhere too. I picked up a temp gig to line my pockets before moving away, they kept throwing money at me, and now it's 5 years later and I make double what I started at.

Comment

It's nice to see a version of Lanny's forum software that's not full of nazis. I've missed this background.

Comment

Originally posted by velc View Post
                    It's nice to see a version of Lanny's forum software that's not full of nazis. I've missed this background.
                    Fuck off, this isn't Lanny's garbage ass software. This is a legitimate copy of vBulletin, the same shit OG Totse used.

Comment

My mistake, both look legit. Although I have now noticed the janky like buttons and gradients; Lanny's jank looks closer to OG vBB.

This is way better than totse2 or the other incarnations I've seen though.

Comment

Lanny's has no gradients at all. The only difference between mine and the OG Totse is that my gradients go vertically instead of horizontally.

As far as it looking "legit" I took the style sheet from OG Totse and converted it to the newer version of vBulletin so all the colors are 100% exact.

I'd assume Lanny did the same thing though, so it's comparing apples to apples at this point.

Comment

Things are cruising along nicely over here.

Comment

Thanks. I think the website in general is at a good place, now I just need the users to back it up.

Comment

I just happened to come across this place while I was searching for some people I connected with through &T long, long ago. I gotta say this gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside and I certainly wanna see it succeed. &T was a huge part of my life, especially 2005 till the end. Looking back, those were some of my happiest days. I'll be sure to spread the word with those whom I'm still in contact with.
                              ​​​​​​S​​​​​​unshine makes the Shibas grow.

Comment

Hot Topics

Collapse

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

New Totse Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 219   Posts: 794   Members: 62   Active Members: 8
                              Welcome to our newest member, chris85.
                              Working...
                              X