I have read and studied this subject quite recently, and I thought you all my throw in your ideas, opinions on this matter.
I have read some things that make me question the story of the crucifixion. They may be true or not. If anybody has more knowledge on the subject I would appreciate it.
1. The Romans used crucifixion not to execute but to punish. If he was put on a cross he would have been taken down before sundown.
2. The punishment was given on Thursday. He was crucified on Friday, and they would have had to take him down Friday night.
3. Joseph of Aramathea, took his body of the cross on Saturday, however, Joseph was Jewish and would not touch a body or do anything physical on the Sabbath according to Jewish beliefs.
4. Jews buried their own in the ground hence, "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust". Joseph would not have placed him in a tomb.
Thats just a couple of things I have been checking up on. If anybody knows of any reading material on these matters I would love to hear about them.
Constantly searching for my path to salvation.......
|