About
Community
News of the Temple
Community Bulletin Board
Chat
Art
Carnality
Entertainment
Science
Society
Technology
bbs | search | rss | faq | about | register
digg | del.icio.us | sphere | google

Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   Add oudiophile to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-05, 04:58
oudiophile oudiophile is offline
Regular
 
Augusta
Default

Hmmm...

I don't belive in religion. Well, any religion that bases its values on a spiritual figure.

I think that religion was created long ago to ease the minds of the commonfolk. Back when people commonly died at the age of 30-40, you needed something to look up. I don't think waking up every morning and almost dying trying to find food was much motivation to live. Some people, namely Jesus, Abraham, Muhammad and others, figured this out. They realized that if you told a person or a group of people of something to look foward to as good as Heaven, they would. I mean, back in those times, who wouldn't? I would certainly want to go to a wonderful place when I die. All I have to do is be nice, pray occasionally, and give what little money i have away? Deal.

See what I mean? Those "prophets" could have been nothing more than guys who were slightly smarter than the rest of the world, guys who could manipulate and press people to believe what they wanted them to believe. Think of them as a supercharged lawyer, only speaking to thousands at a time.

The holy books have no effect either. If you were a devout christian, and Jesus approached you and asked you to write a book that portrays him and "god" to be great guys, and tells you to be creative when you do it, or god will strike you down, i think you would most likely do it.

And all of the burning in hell and going to heaven crap just seems like something used to keep you following jesus. I dunno. The fact that I understood this might mean that I am going to become the next Jesus. But by telling all of you, I have ruined it, and created a religious paradox that crushes all faiths in the near future.

oops.
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:36.


 

 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Advertise | Art | Carnality | Community | Contact Us | Copyright Policy | Entertainment | FAQ
Link to totse.com | Science | Search | Society | Submissions | Technology
Hot Topics
Why is torture such a fukin big deal?
The Coming Age of China Superpower
Don't you guys think this is a little messed up?
[UK] Police Given New Powers to hack your PC
bombarding Gaza
Will the new proposed economic measures work
Recent Development on Obama Citizenship.
so we have 51 states now?
 
Sponsored Links
 
Ads presented by the
AdBrite Ad Network

 

TSHIRT HELL T-SHIRTS