About
Community
News of the Temple
Community Bulletin Board
Chat
Art
Carnality
Entertainment
Science
Society
Technology
bbs | search | rss | faq | about | register
digg | del.icio.us | sphere | google

Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   Add flipskate1323 to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-12, 03:58
flipskate1323 flipskate1323 is offline
Regular
 
Naperville, Illinois, US
Default

First of all, let me say that I have never read a bible and although I don't necessarily believe in any of the three major faiths (Christianity, Islam, or Judaism), I do believe in an afterlife.

Ok, so I was in the shower, thinking about how my school changed B.C. (before Christ) to B.C.E. (before common era). I thought this was a stupid thing to do because I always used B.C. and A.D. Anyways, this led me to start thinking about how Jesus was the son of god, born to spread the word of God. I believe this was done because people were losing faith (I could be totally wrong though). Then I thought, if Adam and Eve were the first humans created, how could anyone doubt the word of God. Their children would be told about how God banished them from the Garden of Eden because of them going against his word. Then, when Adam and Eve's children grew up and had kids (incest?), they would tell the same story to their kids. It would be such an important story that there's no way that they wouldn't pass it on to their kids, making it impossible for other faiths to arise, such as the faith of the Greek, Mayans, Egyptians, Incas....

I repeat, I don't know much about Christianity except for what I've gathered from school and TV. Please correct me if there's any major flaws in my thinking, or just post thoughts.
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:36.


 

 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Advertise | Art | Carnality | Community | Contact Us | Copyright Policy | Entertainment | FAQ
Link to totse.com | Science | Search | Society | Submissions | Technology
Hot Topics
Why is torture such a fukin big deal?
The Coming Age of China Superpower
Don't you guys think this is a little messed up?
[UK] Police Given New Powers to hack your PC
bombarding Gaza
Will the new proposed economic measures work
Recent Development on Obama Citizenship.
so we have 51 states now?
 
Sponsored Links
 
Ads presented by the
AdBrite Ad Network

 

TSHIRT HELL T-SHIRTS