I was expecting to see this thread but i didnt so i thought i'd make it myself, so yeah.
OK, I am an Atheist, i hate pretty much every religion, i mean i still have respect for them but i just dont like them mainly because of how the "higher" official of the religion seems to think he owns the world, such as the beloved pope, i cant remember who said it so i cant give a proper site but heres a good quote, "I have just as much authority as the pope....i just dont have as many followers.". But no matter how much we hate religion theres always one that grabs our interest.
For me, i would have to pick buddhaism as the religion i respect the most. The fact that gods arent nessicarily (sp?) worshipped is, what i belive makes a good religion. Also the religion is more about enlightening your life rather than trying to do everything right in this life and worrying about where your gonna go in your afterlife is what i like. I made that comment of Buddhists not worshipping any gods, i'm not exactly sure about that, i remember reading something and it made a reference to Hinduist gods, as far as if Buddhists worship them i'm not sure, i'd have to look up on it. But to some it up, Buddhism is the religion i respect the most. Later
|