|
| My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged. |

2004-02-24, 17:26
|
|
|
What are everyones thoughts on Modern LaVeyan Satanism. Before, you post get a good glimpse of what it really is no its not about satan whorshiping and animal sacrifices. Dont be ignorant, find out what it really is and post here what you think of it. I would like to what you guys think about it.
|

2004-02-24, 22:54
|
|
|
Organised animalism...nothing more.
|

2004-02-24, 23:59
|
|
|
In the words of a good friend, "The Church of Satan is bourgeois."
|

2004-02-25, 15:18
|
|
|
It is the flip side of christianity, nothing more, nothing less. Both are as weak as each other
It is basically an eye for an eye religion. "If you leave me alone, I will leave you alone, if you bug me, I will flatten you" This is how a satanist mate of mine describes it.
Christianity is actually Satanism - look at the facts
1. You worship"god's" son - not god (Why does god have to be separted from us anyway?)
2. You ritually sacrifice the son (HUMAN sacrafice)
3. You ritually eat his flesh and drink his blood (CANNIBALISM)
4. You live in fear hoping some dead spirit will look after you (Subservient fools)
One of the most fucked up religions out
Me,I take full responsability for myself, and dont expect help from nobody, remain true to myself, and if anything sounds like it is telling me what to do I ditch it.
Doubt everything, find your own light.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ultra Magnus:
What are everyones thoughts on Modern LaVeyan Satanism. Before, you post get a good glimpse of what it really is no its not about satan whorshiping and animal sacrifices. Dont be ignorant, find out what it really is and post here what you think of it. I would like to what you guys think about it.
|
|

2004-02-25, 15:55
|
|
|
I think satanism is illogical. If i'm out of line correct me, as i'm not well informed about "enlightened" satanism. Here's my problem.
Satan is a figure in the bible, which is pro-god and anti-Satan. So, in worshipping Satan, you're tacitly acknowledging that God exists, but that you don't follow him. But Satan isn't as powerful as God, as God created Satan. Why would you worship something that by definition is not as powerful as another figure you know exists?
Also, Christians do worship God's Son, but God's son claimed to be god. That's 2/3s of the trinity. I'm not well versed enough to really explain it eloquently, but in worshiping God's son, you're worshiping god.
|

2004-02-25, 16:48
|
|
|
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Craftian:
In the words of a good friend, "The Church of Satan is bourgeois."
|
Yes, ever since Anton died the church of satan has suxed. In order to be a satnist you dont have to be involve with the church of satan. Its up to the individual.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 666fighter:
It is the flip side of christianity, nothing more, nothing less. Both are as weak as each other
It is basically an eye for an eye religion. "If you leave me alone, I will leave you alone, if you bug me, I will flatten you" This is how a satanist mate of mine describes it.
Christianity is actually Satanism - look at the facts
1. You worship"god's" son - not god (Why does god have to be separted from us anyway?)
2. You ritually sacrifice the son (HUMAN sacrafice)
3. You ritually eat his flesh and drink his blood (CANNIBALISM)
4. You live in fear hoping some dead spirit will look after you (Subservient fools)
One of the most fucked up religions out
Me,I take full responsability for myself, and dont expect help from nobody, remain true to myself, and if anything sounds like it is telling me what to do I ditch it.
Doubt everything, find your own light.
|
Satanism is NOT at all like christianity. You dont worship any type of god for that matter. You are your own god and you control your life. It basically tells you to think for yourself and not be stupid. Theres no "
Human Sacrifices" or any of that hollywood stereotype. Ive doubt youve read the 11 RULES OF THE EARTH, 9 SATANIC SATEMENTS along with the 9 SATANIC SINS. why do i hear about god and jesus they have nothing to do with modern satanism. Satanists dont believe in a higher power or spiritual pipe dreams. They dont even believe in satan as an actual being. doh
|

2004-02-25, 21:46
|
|
|
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by theBishop:
I think satanism is illogical. If i'm out of line correct me, as i'm not well informed about "enlightened" satanism. Here's my problem.
Satan is a figure in the bible, which is pro-god and anti-Satan. So, in worshipping Satan, you're tacitly acknowledging that God exists, but that you don't follow him. But Satan isn't as powerful as God, as God created Satan. Why would you worship something that by definition is not as powerful as another figure you know exists?
Also, Christians do worship God's Son, but God's son claimed to be god. That's 2/3s of the trinity. I'm not well versed enough to really explain it eloquently, but in worshiping God's son, you're worshiping god.
|
they just use satan as a metaphor/symbolic type thing.
certain satanists do acknowledge his existence though, and are usualy called devil worshippers
|

2004-02-26, 00:15
|
|
|
Yes, Those satanists do actually believe in Satan a real being/deity They are Traditional Satanists not Modern Satanists
|

2004-02-26, 00:44
|
|
Regular
|
|
Melbourne, Australia
|
|
I consider myself a modern Satanist, but here on totse, and a few rooms on IRC are the ony places I can voice this fact, without being labelled a sacrificer of virgins or animals. My Catholic parents 'tolerate' my beliefs, but I get the strong feeling that are hoping its a 'phase', and that I will one day return to the weekly ritual they perpetuate in the hope God will take them to heaven when they die. BUT, I also believe there is something that controls the workings of the universe, whether it is something as simple as one entity playing 'god', or more complex, such as some sort of chaos theory that means after the big bang, everything is set on a path, and merely interacts with everything else until finally coming to rest. I wonder if this makes me a true 'modern satanist' or some sort of mutated branch of satanism...
|

2004-02-26, 07:25
|
|
|
Satanists are satanists it because they think it makes them daring, original and cool.
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:10.
|
|