About
Community
News of the Temple
Community Bulletin Board
Chat
Art
Carnality
Entertainment
Science
Society
Technology
bbs | search | rss | faq | about | register
digg | del.icio.us | sphere | google

Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Add Schraff to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-26, 17:54
Schraff Schraff is offline
Regular
 
Where you least suspect
Default

(or both?) http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif

I've read The Heart of the Master and The Book of the Law by Aleister Crowley, and his ideas just take my breath away. Even at his most pompous (and he *does* have his moments!) there is such truth in his words. I really enjoy his work because it's so deliberately coded- part of the work is figuring out what is meant by all the symbolism and nuerology.

Your thoughts?
  #2   Add ---Beany--- to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-26, 19:55
---Beany--- ---Beany--- is offline
Regular
 
Tea and Crumpets country
Default

I read a very small part of Magick. He seemed to know what he was talking about, or at least the parts I read anyway.
  #3   Add SunAndSteel25 to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-27, 01:18
SunAndSteel25
Guest
 
Default

After reading Crowley's works and the Necronomican and the Satanic Bible I totally tossed my bullshit faith my parents taught me, so I think he was a very smart philosopher
  #4   Add dearestnight_falcon to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-27, 07:30
dearestnight_falcon dearestnight_falcon is offline
Regular
 
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SunAndSteel25:

After reading Crowley's works and the Necronomican and the Satanic Bible I totally tossed my bullshit faith my parents taught me, so I think he was a very smart philosopher
I Assume you know that the Necronomicon isnt actually real? its made up.

Anyways, I reckon crowley was "great", but he could have been brilliant. His personality flaws sort of worked against him. But still, I guess hes sort of an idol for me

  #5   Add shuu to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-28, 06:04
shuu shuu is offline
Regular
 
Default

Uhmmm...crowley didnt write "the necronomican", lovecraft did.

And yes, the necronomican is real. All this made up bullshit is due to the fact that there are several different "necronomicans" by several different people, including h.r giger and hp lovecraft. HP lovecraft's "Necronomican" is the history of the necronomican, as opposed to the testimony of the mad arab..

and the book of law is not a work of crowleys, a demon did. He simply transcripted it onto paper.

  #6   Add SunAndSteel25 to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-28, 06:22
SunAndSteel25
Guest
 
Default

Yeah I know Crowley didn't write the necronomicon, I don't know why I mentioned that one. But I just dont understand why there is so many "Necronomicon" books that are total bullshit. the one I enjoyed was the testimony of the mad arab.
  #7   Add The_Rabbi to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-28, 07:18
The_Rabbi The_Rabbi is offline
Regular
 
Phoenix, AZ Send a message via AIM to The_Rabbi
Default

Eh, he's no Messiah. He's dead.
  #8   Add Trippy_McGee to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-28, 16:45
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Wherever you are. Send a message via ICQ to Trippy_McGee
Default

He wasn't dead the first time he "died".
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:10.


 

 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Advertise | Art | Carnality | Community | Contact Us | Copyright Policy | Entertainment | FAQ
Link to totse.com | Science | Search | Society | Submissions | Technology
Hot Topics
Filling a chicks uterus with concrete.
hiding a gun in a car?
Neodymium Magnets and Tags
Working at a video store - any bad ideas?
Using a fake ID in Vegas
i have revenge dripping from teeth
Causing a minister misery!
Where is everyone?
 
Sponsored Links
 
Ads presented by the
AdBrite Ad Network

 

 

TSHIRT HELL T-SHIRTS