About
Community
News of the Temple
Community Bulletin Board
Chat
Art
Carnality
Entertainment
Science
Society
Technology
bbs | search | rss | faq | about | register
digg | del.icio.us | sphere | google

Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Add Lucky to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-27, 03:18
Lucky Lucky is offline
Regular
 
Toronto Ontario Canada
Default

I am a Roman Catholic but I have been disgusted by the way the Church handled the molestations of the young boys. I dont want some preist who rapes kids to tell me how to live my life and what God wanst us to do. I have stopped going to Church and i pray at home. I have thought about converting to Protestantism but I am Irish and my family came from Northern Ireland and there is some hostility there. Anyone familar with Ireland will understand. What do you guys do ? Do you still go to Church despite this?
  #2   Add malaria to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-27, 15:12
malaria malaria is offline
Regular
 
Default

I was raised to be Roman Catholic, although it didn't sit too well with me. My parents, however, don't go to church, and haven't gone regularly in probably 15 years. My father has a very rebellious side to him when it comes to people telling him what to do (that's right, priests are just people). My mother is very heavily religious, but she has too many problems with catholicism itself, so I assume she prays at home. Honestly, I don't really know if she does, because first off I don't live with them anymore, and secondly, I don't believe in it myself.

My advice is to just pray by yourself. Protestants can be just as bothersome as Catholics. If you need the feeling of the church community, I suggest you have a get-together every so often at your house or local banquet hall. That way, you won't have anyone child molesters (that you know of) talking to you at all.
  #3   Add Monarchist to your ignore list  
Old 2004-03-13, 21:51
Monarchist Monarchist is offline
Regular
 
Default

ya im roman catholic and i havent went to church for a loooooooooooooong time. im just disgusted w/ what the bishops did letting those priests go about molestation charges.
  #4   Add seraph~aral to your ignore list  
Old 2004-03-17, 02:38
seraph~aral seraph~aral is offline
Regular
 
usa--illinois
Default

haha no



even though im thelemic, the only thing worse than cum-guzzling crowley, is 2 inch penis swallowing preists.



well quite frankly thats just an excuse, i see no point in catholic mass, even eucharist is twistid now, only vaguely resemebling what it should be.
  #5   Add ashesofzen to your ignore list  
Old 2004-03-17, 03:18
ashesofzen ashesofzen is offline
Regular
 
Ventura, CA
Default

i was raised catholic; since i did a lot of "growing up" from 16-19 at some point i stopped attending.
  #6   Add mr_pantz to your ignore list  
Old 2004-03-19, 02:11
mr_pantz mr_pantz is offline
Regular
 
Default

nope. lol
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:10.


 

 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Advertise | Art | Carnality | Community | Contact Us | Copyright Policy | Entertainment | FAQ
Link to totse.com | Science | Search | Society | Submissions | Technology
Hot Topics
Filling a chicks uterus with concrete.
hiding a gun in a car?
Neodymium Magnets and Tags
Working at a video store - any bad ideas?
Using a fake ID in Vegas
i have revenge dripping from teeth
Causing a minister misery!
Where is everyone?
 
Sponsored Links
 
Ads presented by the
AdBrite Ad Network

 

 

TSHIRT HELL T-SHIRTS