About
Community
News of the Temple
Community Bulletin Board
Chat
Art
Carnality
Entertainment
Science
Society
Technology
bbs | search | rss | faq | about | register
digg | del.icio.us | sphere | google

Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Add flipskate1323 to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-29, 22:59
flipskate1323 flipskate1323 is offline
Regular
 
Naperville, Illinois, US
Default

Reading through a post on this Forum, I thought about this:

God creates the universe and its inhabitants. Eventually, there is pain, suffering and death in the world. When someone dies, they go to heaven or hell. Whichever they deserve to go to. God set some basic principles on how people should live their lives, and if they don't follow these rules, they will be condemned to an eternity of pain. Why in the fuck should he be allowed to torture the beings he created. He gave us the power to make our own choices so therefore it was him who fucked over all the people who don't believe in god by giving them the choice not to believe in god.

This is just a thought that pisses me off.
  #2   Add CountZamyas to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-29, 23:25
CountZamyas CountZamyas is offline
Regular
 
Default

Pardon me if I don't understand...



Are you angry at non- belivers?

I am a non believer!

I know I'm going to hell!

So what?
  #3   Add praisejahmoreherb to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-29, 23:37
praisejahmoreherb praisejahmoreherb is offline
Regular
 
monroe, nc, usa
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CountZamyas:

Pardon me if I don't understand...



Are you angry at non- belivers?

I am a non believer!

I know I'm going to hell!

So what?
I think it's pretty clear. He's saying that God gave people free will with the knowledge that some people will use it to disobey his commandments, which is evil in his eyes. So, he let people be evil to test their faith. I put this in my responsibility thread(for those who read it, this is what I meant), and it is stupid, because people could be born into some kind of cult telling them to either kill, be gluttons, screw, and disobey all commandments or be killed themselves. They would have to obey this cult because it would be all they ever knew. I myself believe this applies to all people, and that you shouldn't be held responsible in an afterlife for what you have done on earth. Not saying that if you go out and shoot someone in the head you shouldn't be punished, but on a cosmic scale, you shouldn't be punished.
  #4   Add NewDude to your ignore list  
Old 2004-03-01, 02:56
NewDude NewDude is offline
Regular
 
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CountZamyas:

Pardon me if I don't understand...



Are you angry at non- belivers?

I am a non believer!

I know I'm going to hell!

So what?
You do realize if you say you know you're going to hell then by definition you cannot be a non believer?
  #5   Add flipskate1323 to your ignore list  
Old 2004-03-01, 04:34
flipskate1323 flipskate1323 is offline
Regular
 
Naperville, Illinois, US
Default

^

Damn, I would never have noticed that.
  #6   Add ---Beany--- to your ignore list  
Old 2004-03-01, 05:39
---Beany--- ---Beany--- is offline
Regular
 
Tea and Crumpets country
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CountZamyas:

I know I'm going to hell!

So what?
You first class idiot.
  #7   Add DickHead to your ignore list  
Old 2004-03-01, 06:12
DickHead DickHead is offline
Regular
 
Default

God created satan too and he was once GOOD!
  #8   Add KoWbOy KiLlEr to your ignore list  
Old 2004-03-01, 07:17
KoWbOy KiLlEr KoWbOy KiLlEr is offline
Regular
 
Hendersonville TN Send a message via ICQ to KoWbOy KiLlEr
Default

what did Prometheus do? Bright Fire(knowledge) to humans.

What did Lucifer do? Brought the apple(knowledge) to Humans

What does Lucifer really mean? The Light Bringer/Bearer
  #9   Add redzed to your ignore list  
Old 2004-03-01, 09:54
redzed redzed is offline
Regular
 
OZ
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by flipskate1323:

Reading through a post on this Forum, I thought about this:

God creates the universe and its inhabitants. Eventually, there is pain, suffering and death in the world. When someone dies, they go to heaven or hell. Whichever they deserve to go to. God set some basic principles on how people should live their lives, and if they don't follow these rules, they will be condemned to an eternity of pain. Why in the fuck should he be allowed to torture the beings he created. He gave us the power to make our own choices so therefore it was him who fucked over all the people who don't believe in god by giving them the choice not to believe in god.

This is just a thought that pisses me off.
Is that type of God realistic?

There are other modes of thought - For example: God did not create the Universe. God is something other than the old dude sitting on a cloud throwing thunderbolts at recalcitrants http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
  #10   Add Stryker to your ignore list  
Old 2004-03-01, 12:55
Stryker Stryker is offline
Regular
 
Iraq
Default

How can you call any depiction of god realistic?
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:11.


 

 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Advertise | Art | Carnality | Community | Contact Us | Copyright Policy | Entertainment | FAQ
Link to totse.com | Science | Search | Society | Submissions | Technology
Hot Topics
Filling a chicks uterus with concrete.
hiding a gun in a car?
Neodymium Magnets and Tags
Working at a video store - any bad ideas?
Using a fake ID in Vegas
i have revenge dripping from teeth
Causing a minister misery!
Where is everyone?
 
Sponsored Links
 
Ads presented by the
AdBrite Ad Network

 

 

TSHIRT HELL T-SHIRTS