About
Community
News of the Temple
Community Bulletin Board
Chat
Art
Carnality
Entertainment
Science
Society
Technology
bbs | search | rss | faq | about | register
digg | del.icio.us | sphere | google

Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Add Stryker to your ignore list  
Old 2004-03-02, 15:20
Stryker Stryker is offline
Regular
 
Iraq
Default

So I was reading someone's away message and this is what it read: If someone held a gun to your head, and asked you if you believe in God would you say yes & die knowing your did the right thing, or say no & live the rest of your life knowing that you denied that you love God?

I find it funny but it's so retarded. I don't know why I posted this really, I just get annoyed beccause Christians think they're right and everyone is wrong. I like the ending, it's like I love God and I know it but I'm just in denile http://www.totse.com/bbs/rolleyes.gif
  #2   Add SEN D-F to your ignore list  
Old 2004-03-02, 16:39
SEN D-F SEN D-F is offline
Regular
 
SomeEverydayNobody
Default

Yeah I hate stupid little things like that. And most religions all claim to be the truth, and just about any religious person will claim that they know the absolute truth. However I see what you mean, as Christians tend to not only claim to know the truth but that have a tendancy to push their beliefs on people, and have this agressive attitude towards other religions. Like, 'No you're wrong! Jesus is the only path to salvation and God is going to send you to hell for not accepting him as your savior!'.
  #3   Add theBishop to your ignore list  
Old 2004-03-02, 19:31
theBishop theBishop is offline
Regular
 
Default

You guys miss the point i think. I don't think that needs to be a Christian issue or even a religious issue. No religion is capable of proving itself.

I think the point is: are you willing to die for something you claim is truth, even though you can't prove it? If you truly believe in heaven and salvation and all that, being shot in the head isn't so bad, so it's really the ultimate test of faith.

The part that's a bit hokey is the "knowing you didn't do the right thing" part. You can't attach right and wrong to such an issue, it's more how strongly you stand by something.

  #4   Add LostCause to your ignore list  
Old 2004-03-02, 22:14
LostCause LostCause is offline
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default

"America is like Christianity. It goes knocking on everyones door trying to save everyones soul and condemning everyone to hell."

Cheers,

Lost
  #5   Add Hexadecimal to your ignore list  
Old 2004-03-02, 22:46
Hexadecimal Hexadecimal is offline
Regular
 
Rockford, IL
Default

That'll change once my X-laser* is ready for the killin...

*Christlaser for you Christians.
  #6   Add Phrensied Rabbits to your ignore list  
Old 2004-03-02, 22:53
Phrensied Rabbits Phrensied Rabbits is offline
Regular
 
Mass US EDIT NezPerce Indian Res.
Default

damn christ huggers...



ooh, I know http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif! Let's burn 'em! http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif

mwahahahaha http://www.totse.com/bbs/tongue.gif...
  #7   Add zEsTyTuRtLe to your ignore list  
Old 2004-03-02, 23:04
zEsTyTuRtLe zEsTyTuRtLe is offline
Regular
 
Hendersonville,TN,USA
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by theBishop:

You guys miss the point i think. I don't think that needs to be a Christian issue or even a religious issue. No religion is capable of proving itself.

I think the point is: are you willing to die for something you claim is truth, even though you can't prove it? If you truly believe in heaven and salvation and all that, being shot in the head isn't so bad, so it's really the ultimate test of faith.

The part that's a bit hokey is the "knowing you didn't do the right thing" part. You can't attach right and wrong to such an issue, it's more how strongly you stand by something.
I like this statement. I never really thought of those little thingies(I know taht made so much sense but I couldn't think of the word) like that. I always just thought of them as Christians trying to force me to feel bad about saying no...which would be very hard to do because I am an evil child who is going to hell, at least that's what the nun told me.

  #8   Add godsmack1660 to your ignore list  
Old 2004-03-03, 02:16
godsmack1660 godsmack1660 is offline
Regular
 
Default

god would want you to say know, wait till the guy moved the gun away from your head, slug him and then say hell yes i love got and take the guys gun away from him and blow his brains out
  #9   Add GP42 to your ignore list  
Old 2004-03-03, 04:03
GP42 GP42 is offline
Regular
 
Default

Yeah, if their god is as just and as caring as they claim, if you said no for the sake of living he would forgive you. So why bother saying yes and end up dead?
  #10   Add theBishop to your ignore list  
Old 2004-03-03, 05:01
theBishop theBishop is offline
Regular
 
Default

i don't think God likes being denaunced even if it is a life or death situation. Look at Peter.
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:12.


 

 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Advertise | Art | Carnality | Community | Contact Us | Copyright Policy | Entertainment | FAQ
Link to totse.com | Science | Search | Society | Submissions | Technology
Hot Topics
Filling a chicks uterus with concrete.
hiding a gun in a car?
Neodymium Magnets and Tags
Working at a video store - any bad ideas?
Using a fake ID in Vegas
i have revenge dripping from teeth
Causing a minister misery!
Where is everyone?
 
Sponsored Links
 
Ads presented by the
AdBrite Ad Network

 

 

TSHIRT HELL T-SHIRTS