|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about |
register
|
 |
 |
digg |
del.icio.us |
sphere |
google
|
 |
|
| My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged. |

2004-03-03, 01:20
|
|
|
I am what i like to call an agnostic. Of course, i didnt maek it up, but it is what fits me best. Its not a worshiping of anything, it is where you just dont give a fuck. you dont hail satan or anything, you just kind do what you want.
i used to be a christian buti realized it wasnt getting me anywhere. I did all of that preying and i got shit iin return.
i just wnat to see how many of you are agnostic and your tohughts on it.
|

2004-03-03, 02:03
|
|
Regular
|
|
The Shire, Michigan
|
|
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Homeo Apathy:
I am what i like to call a bad speller. Of course, i didnt maek it up, but it is what fits me best. Its not a good spelling of anything, it is where you just dont give a fuck about spelling. you dont use a dictionary or anything, you just kind spell how you want.
i used to be a decent speller buti realized it wasnt getting me anywhere. I did all of that bad drugs and i got shit on iin return.
i just wnat to see how many of you are bad spellers and wuld someon plz kille me?.
|
|

2004-03-03, 02:43
|
|
|
I appreciate Atheists and Satanists a lot more than Agnostics. At least they make a case (strong, or otherwise ;-)) for their beliefs.
This "i don't give a fuck" mentality is cancerous to humanity.
|

2004-03-03, 02:49
|
|
|
Not all agnostics "don't give a fuck". Most just accept the fact that there is no way in hell they can know the truth. Why bother debating something.... over.... and over, when no one can possibly know the truth.
And as for the cancer to humanity... what the hell are you thinking? Do you realize how much religion has contributed to war and atrocities in the past?? The Holocaust was great for humanity I'm sure... have to get rid of those damn people that don't follow our beliefs. Christ man, wake up.
|

2004-03-03, 02:55
|
|
|
Myself, I could be considered the epitome of apathy. You know what harm I've done to others? NONE! I have no motive to cause problems...I just do what's necessary to get by and have a little fun in the process. If you call a relaxed lifestyle void of hatred and rage cancerous, then I'd be glad to infect your mind with relaxation and understanding.
As for Veritas here, I think he enjoys his relaxed and carefree life as well.
|

2004-03-03, 03:55
|
|
|
An agnostic is not someone who "doesn't give a fuck". Its more of someone who is a fence sitter. They admit that they don't know if there is a god or not and dont know if ther ISNT a god or not. My reason for being an agnostic is simple. There are so many different religons out there it is almost impossible to know which one is "right".Most of the people on earth are islam but that doesnt mean it right. For the most part your religon depends on what your parents taught you. that doesnt make it right either. Many religions came about from people having davine visions from god. Today if someone had one of those they would be put in a hospital. Its not that i dont believe in god, its more that i dont have a specific religon. Agnostics it a much more interesting belief then it comes off being and makes a little more sence then atheism.
|

2004-03-03, 06:03
|
|
|
You're all wrong.
Let's hear what Thomas Huxley, who coined the word "agnostic" has to say about it.
Quote:
|
quote:Positively the principle may be expressed: In matters of the intellect, follow your reason as far as it will take you, without regard to any other consideration. And negatively: In matters of the intellect, do not pretend that conclusions are certain which are not demonstrated or demonstrable.
|
In short, if you have no evidence for a proposition don't claim to know anything about the truth of that proposition.
I am an agnostic atheist. I have no hidden knowledge and I am not a theist. There is no contradiction there.
Of course, I recognize that no definition is absolute so prefer to try to figure out what people mean rather than what they say.
|

2004-03-03, 06:13
|
|
Regular
|
|
No longer in Camelot it is a silly place
|
|
I'm agnostic after having been an atheist for a long time. My beliefs are pretty simple:
-I think it is not within my ability to know if there is or isn't a god. By "god", I mean a higher force, or grand design, or supreme being, or whatever might be responsible for the universe. Something outside our understanding and outside what we know from science. Basically I believe it is unwise to be 100% sure of anything. Many things I'm 99.9% sure of, but never do I consider myself able to be absolutely certain of.
-I am almost certain that all human religions are largely invented and that none are the true pipeline (so to speak) to whatever the real truth of everything is. There is much wisdom in most religions, but I have a feeling that is there is a god, he/she/it doesn't write books and construct religions for the believers.
Basically, I don't assume that it's within my power to know "what's really going on". And I don't have much use for faith. When there are an infinite number of things one can have faith in, what are the odds of being right? I have hunches about some things, but no certainties.
|

2004-03-04, 01:38
|
|
|
I just look around me and see people under the spell of religions. Not to say it's a bad thing, but I just don't want to be that way. People are absolutely certain that their beliefs are right, and that others are wrong and therefore evil and need to be converted before its too late! I don't see how people can be so sure without and facts to support it. I know, its called faith, please refrain from flaming. The whole thing seems illogical, and I can't remember anything good ever coming from an illogical belief. For me it all occurred one night, about 4 years ago, sitting in bed, I realized I was going to die. No shit, but I actually imagined my death, and it scared the shit out of me. Until then I had considered myself a Christian, simply because everyone else was, but I realized I didn't believe in any of it. After endless contemplation, I realized I could never be sure when it comes to religion, so why should one believe in one promising the same promises as the other? Making the same threats as every other religion, relying on the same logic, they're all pretty much the same. You can never be sure on any theological matter, God or Not, so live the best life you can, and fuck the people telling you you're wrong.
|

2004-03-06, 05:39
|
|
Regular
|
|
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
|
|
theBishop, that's a pretty ignorant statement. In many cases, ambivalence is a virtue. Verily, "The fool thinks himself to be wise, the wise man knows himself to be a fool". Anyone who thinks they have the "answer" is just silly. An agnostic uses his logic to determine his inherent ignorance of the nature of reality, whilst atheists and Satanists embrace an arbitrary belief that appeals to them. No one of sound mind can claim to possess the Truth. In the case of most religions, beliefs are just an expression of ego and positive brain association. They latch on to whatever they find most suitable to their emotions, and hold on for dear life, regardless of logical persuasion. Do you know what the scientific term is for a person who refutes reality in spite of tangible evidence? Delusional. Agnostics take that courageous leap of professing ignorance. Humans have a lot to learn buddy.
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:12.
|
|
 |

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Advertise | Art | Carnality | Community | Contact Us | Copyright Policy | Entertainment | FAQ
Link to totse.com | Science | Search | Society | Submissions | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|