About
Community
News of the Temple
Community Bulletin Board
Chat
Art
Carnality
Entertainment
Science
Society
Technology
bbs | search | rss | faq | about | register
digg | del.icio.us | sphere | google

Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Add VictimKing to your ignore list  
Old 2006-12-03, 06:47
VictimKing VictimKing is offline
Regular
 
Florida
Default

WTF? I just don't understand how people can still be Christian, or Muslim, or Hindu or any religion. It was great 3,000+ years ago when it explained why the sky spit water and what fire was, but now it's hard to understand why people still follow this stuff. I mean, pretty much everything that has to do with religion has been disproved. Any arguements?
Reply With Quote
  #2   Add AnAsTaSiO to your ignore list  
Old 2006-12-03, 07:47
AnAsTaSiO AnAsTaSiO is offline
Regular
 
NYCNJ
Default

I'm not a religious, but I do try to respect peoples religion's as much as possible.

True, a lot of religious beliefs can be considered outdated. However, if one finds solace in their chosen religion then what is the hurt? As long as they do not impose their beliefs on me I am cool with it.

Although, an arguement can definitely be made that religion is the cause of many of the world's problems today.

Basically, I do not care what someones beliefs are, as long as they are good people and do not impose themselves upon me.
Reply With Quote
  #3   Add VictimKing to your ignore list  
Old 2006-12-03, 07:53
VictimKing VictimKing is offline
Regular
 
Florida
Default

Yes, good point. There are a lot of people who really are helped by believing this stuff. And I don't have a problem with that, I just don't understand how they can believe it.
Reply With Quote
  #4   Add AnAsTaSiO to your ignore list  
Old 2006-12-03, 08:15
AnAsTaSiO AnAsTaSiO is offline
Regular
 
NYCNJ
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by VictimKing:

Yes, good point. There are a lot of people who really are helped by believing this stuff. And I don't have a problem with that, I just don't understand how they can believe it.
We are definitely in agreement about that. I do not understand how someone believes in such things with little to no evidence.

Being an agnostic, I am not against the thought of a higher power, however I would need significant evidence to prove that.
Reply With Quote
  #5   Add Captain Asshat to your ignore list  
Old 2006-12-03, 10:33
Captain Asshat Captain Asshat is offline
Regular
 
Default

Religion is outdated, but like everything created by man it holds as much wisdom and history as it does ignorance and stupidity. Good and bad. The duality of human nature. It's beautiful and ugly.

As far as God goes, the mere fact that we exist proves that there is a creator. Something made the universe. Whether it was a simple scientific phenomenon or a whirly supernatural being.. who knows? Humans don't, otherwise we wouldn't have so many thousands of belief systems based on everything from fallen prophets to holy warriors, alien beings, seven-armed erotic dancers, ect.

Religion is man's attempt at explaining the unexplainable. Some of it might be really far out there, but it's always good for a laugh. http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
Reply With Quote
  #6   Add Laboratorio Farmaceutico to your ignore list  
Old 2006-12-03, 22:59
Laboratorio Farmaceutico Laboratorio Farmaceutico is offline
Regular
 
Toronto Canada
Default

If you're not religious you must ridicule religious people as much as possible and try to humiliate them for believing in myths.
Reply With Quote
  #7   Add Zman to your ignore list  
Old 2006-12-03, 23:53
Zman Zman is offline
Regular
 
NV
Default

People don't use religion soley to explain how we got here.

To say that you can't understand why someone would adhere to a religion because its been disproven is stupid. It hasn't been disproven any more than atheism has been proved.
Reply With Quote
  #8   Add Siash to your ignore list  
Old 2006-12-04, 01:13
Siash Siash is offline
Regular
 
Texas
Default

If you don't have a religion: GOOD FOR YOU

If you do have a religion: GOOD FOR YOU

If you have abug up your ass: go to my Hell.
Reply With Quote
  #9   Add vazilizaitsev89 to your ignore list  
Old 2006-12-04, 01:32
vazilizaitsev89 vazilizaitsev89 is offline
Regular
 
Reading Pa USA Send a message via ICQ to vazilizaitsev89
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by VictimKing:

WTF? I just don't understand how people can still be Christian, or Muslim, or Hindu or any religion. It was great 3,000+ years ago when it explained why the sky spit water and what fire was, but now it's hard to understand why people still follow this stuff. I mean, pretty much everything that has to do with religion has been disproved. Any arguements?


no...how was the universe created? how did life first come about?

if your gonna bitch about people for their beliefs...piss off. seriously. I dont care about what you believe in. I dont mock atheists for saying there is no god. I dont mock muslims (unless they wanna kill me). I dont mock hindus or anything like that.
Reply With Quote
  #10   Add stormshadowftb to your ignore list  
Old 2006-12-04, 11:18
stormshadowftb stormshadowftb is offline
Regular
 
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by AnAsTaSiO:

I'm not a religious, but I do try to respect peoples religion's as much as possible.
yes i respect the mentally retarded person in the street and don't point and laugh but i don't want him driving my bus!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:57.


 

 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Advertise | Art | Carnality | Community | Contact Us | Copyright Policy | Entertainment | FAQ
Link to totse.com | Science | Search | Society | Submissions | Technology
Hot Topics
Easy Napalm experiment
Hamas Rockets
Have a very Half Baked Chistmas
Plastique Thermite?
Powdering Aluminum
Obtaining Pure Oxygen
a question towards the BB forum
Safe storage of powders
 
Sponsored Links
 
Ads presented by the
AdBrite Ad Network

 

Webmasters Make Money