About
Community
News of the Temple
Community Bulletin Board
Chat
Art
Carnality
Entertainment
Science
Society
Technology
bbs | search | rss | faq | about | register
digg | del.icio.us | sphere | google

Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   Add Raw_Power to your ignore list  
Old 2006-12-11, 18:40
Raw_Power Raw_Power is offline
Regular
 
Default

I was indoctrinated into Christianity at a very young age, when I did not have my critical thinking skills and was very susceptible to parental influence.

At the age of sixteen, I easily shed Christianity. But now, talking to other friends (listening to these people, I fear for their sanity; read my other thread in this forum, these people's beliefs are quite disturbing) who are Christian and with this damn voice in the back of my head telling me the opposite of everything I believe, I catch myself thinking things like "the lord works in mysterious ways" whenever disaster happens, like I used to. I shake it off as irrational though. But it's like Christianity has an emotional grip, as opposed to an intellectual grip, over me.

Do any other atheists who used to be Christian have this and how do you shed it? This has convinced me all the more that Christianity is a dirty virus and it's disgusting watching the young be indoctrinated by their parents, who in turn were indoctrinated and therefore think that it's the "right thing to do".



[This message has been edited by Raw_Power (edited 12-11-2006).]
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:39.


 

 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Advertise | Art | Carnality | Community | Contact Us | Copyright Policy | Entertainment | FAQ
Link to totse.com | Science | Search | Society | Submissions | Technology
Hot Topics
Fm transmitter
Target walkie talkies
My sat thread deleted
Starting an off-the-grid FM radio broadcast
Modifying my HAM radio?
I dont know how but my FM radio is picking up
Number stations
I want to start my own radio station?
 
Sponsored Links
 
Ads presented by the
AdBrite Ad Network

 

TSHIRT HELL T-SHIRTS

 
A Nightmare On Elm Street
A Nightmare On Elm Street Poster
Buy at AllPosters.com