In this thread I would like theists to provide a SOLID ARGUMENT for the existence of a God. I've asked people to elaborate on some points and they failed to reply. Here are some examples:
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ArmsMerchant:
God speaks to us in many ways.
Most of us simply fail to pay attention.
|
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ArmsMerchant:
OP seems to think that the deity portrayed in the Bible is the only possible conception of God.
A common error among the ignorant and unevolved.
|
If God exists, you will have no trouble providing physical evidence illustrating this existence. If not, suggest a repeatable experiment that affirms God's existance. This is not a big ask, assuming there is a God.
Don't go down the "personal enlightenment" track. Whatever you think happens in your mind while you "pray" can very well be a figment of your imagination. It isn't hard to make unreal things seem real in your own mind. Ask someone who's been in a K-Hole.
Science is slowly gaining ground on religion. It's filling the gaps of understanding about our world that were once explained simply as "God's work". Religion has never disproved scientific explanations. Science will only gain ground on religion and I expect that all aspects of our existence will eventually have a scientific explanation. There will be no place for a God if/when we have a logical explanation for everything.
That is why I would like you to provide an argument that will, beyond any doubt, substantiate the existence of god. (I'm not just talking to ArmsMerchant, anyone who can provide this argument please go ahead)