About
Community
News of the Temple
Community Bulletin Board
Chat
Art
Carnality
Entertainment
Science
Society
Technology
bbs | search | rss | faq | about | register
digg | del.icio.us | sphere | google

Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Add bydenismydawg to your ignore list  
Old 2007-06-27, 03:32
bydenismydawg bydenismydawg is offline
Regular
 
302
Default Death

I am feeling like death is something that can happen to anyone. My friend was killed in a hit and run accident while I was on a trip for sports. He got killed outside of our motel. I was on the phone with him when it happened and it just sounded like he had dropped his cell phone after walking into a dumpster or something. I got worried 10 minutes later, and ran out to the street, only to see him laying there motionless and not breathing, with witnesses and cops all around. This happened over 4 weeks ago and I am still breaking up now. Is it bad that I am still mourning? I am afraid, of death. The funeral came and went, and still I can see him, moving, playing the game, even how much fun he was having that night. Then I see the image of him laying in the street, dead. Is death something to be feared? I think not. I just wish that it didn't have to be this soon. I loved him like a brother, and I miss him dearly.

R.I.P.

(sorry for the format, chime in with whatever you want to say)
Reply With Quote
  #2   Add Drox to your ignore list  
Old 2007-06-27, 05:01
Drox Drox is offline
Regular
 
Your Ad Here
Default Re: Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by bydenismydawg View Post
I am feeling like death is something that can happen to anyone.
No way!
Reply With Quote
  #3   Add Rolloffle to your ignore list  
Old 2007-06-27, 05:07
Rolloffle Rolloffle is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Death

The wage of sin is death.

But you can live forever in heaven with God if you come to know Jesus as your saviour.
Reply With Quote
  #4   Add chumpion to your ignore list  
Old 2007-06-27, 05:15
chumpion chumpion is offline
Regular
 
Sydney
Default Re: Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolloffle View Post
The wage of sin is death.

But you can live forever in heaven with God if you come to know Jesus as your saviour.
And if that makes the OP feel better, then I'm all for him finding religion.

To the OP - mourning is a very personal thing. Everyone goes through it differently. The pain will become less as time goes on - thats about all you can be sure of.
Reply With Quote
  #5   Add jackketch to your ignore list  
Old 2007-06-27, 05:57
jackketch jackketch is offline
Moderator
 
dodging the rain and tractors
Default Re: Death

While I'm not sure that. this really belongs here , I'm going to leave it. But people, you don't need to limit yourselves to a religious discussion on this one.

Hopefully someone will say something that gives the OP something he can take with him(yes that was a lousy sentence).

The first line was a classic.
__________________
Eoghan, Samwise gamgee. The truth is out there, people.
Reply With Quote
  #6   Add pandamonium to your ignore list  
Old 2007-07-03, 10:40
pandamonium pandamonium is offline
Regular
 
Smile Re: Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by bydenismydawg View Post
I am feeling like death is something that can happen to anyone. My friend was killed in a hit and run accident while I was on a trip for sports. He got killed outside of our motel. I was on the phone with him when it happened and it just sounded like he had dropped his cell phone after walking into a dumpster or something. I got worried 10 minutes later, and ran out to the street, only to see him laying there motionless and not breathing, with witnesses and cops all around. This happened over 4 weeks ago and I am still breaking up now. Is it bad that I am still mourning? I am afraid, of death. The funeral came and went, and still I can see him, moving, playing the game, even how much fun he was having that night. Then I see the image of him laying in the street, dead. Is death something to be feared? I think not. I just wish that it didn't have to be this soon. I loved him like a brother, and I miss him dearly.

R.I.P.

(sorry for the format, chime in with whatever you want to say)


pwned.
Reply With Quote
  #7   Add ArmsMerchant to your ignore list  
Old 2007-07-03, 19:24
ArmsMerchant ArmsMerchant is offline
Moderator
 
Wasilla, Alaska
Default Re: Death

Don't mourne too much for your friend--being shocked and sad is natural--feel it, own the feelings, then let them go.

In ultimate reality, death is an illusion. All of us always were, always will be-- life never ends. Death is not a door which closes, but a door which opens to a different mode of existence, regardless of which religion one adheres to--or does not.
__________________
"Love is infallible; it has no errors, for all errors are the want of love." -- William Law
"The astrolabe of the mysteries of God is Love." -- Rumi
Reply With Quote
  #8   Add boozehound420 to your ignore list  
Old 2007-07-04, 03:25
boozehound420 boozehound420 is offline
Regular
 
Pegasus
Default Re: Death

Ya its hard when somebody young dies. Two buddies of mine have died in June this year. Ones truck went of the side of the mountain. And The other guy got crushed in a fork lift accident at work, was just at his funeral this saturday.

I remember the good times, and keep them both in my mind. Never forget. Thats all i wish for people to do when i die, so I will do the same.
Reply With Quote
  #9   Add Surak to your ignore list  
Old 2007-07-04, 06:32
Surak Surak is offline
Regular
 
Mount Selya, Vulcan
Default Re: Death

Quote:
"he wage of sin is death.

But you can live forever in heaven with God if you come to know Jesus as your saviour."
I'm sorry about your friend, OP. Don't let assclowns like ^this guy^ cheapen his life.
Reply With Quote
  #10   Add Elephantitis Man to your ignore list  
Old 2007-07-04, 08:36
Elephantitis Man Elephantitis Man is offline
Regular
 
Missouri
Smile Re: Death

Only the good die young! \m/\m/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:15.


 

 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Advertise | Art | Carnality | Community | Contact Us | Copyright Policy | Entertainment | FAQ
Link to totse.com | Science | Search | Society | Submissions | Technology
Hot Topics
So where are you headed post 1/17?
If You Want To Sell Me Your Old Car...
Lulz worthy things to do to my 2004 Ford Taurus
Too much nitrous?
4.0L Falcon semi-project car?
degree or trade school?
Pics of what I bought after I sold my acura tl
My smashed up car, help needed :( (Pics)
 
Sponsored Links
 
Ads presented by the
AdBrite Ad Network

 

TSHIRT HELL T-SHIRTS