Your Ad Here
About
Community
News of the Temple
Community Bulletin Board
Chat
Art
Carnality
Entertainment
Science
Society
Technology
bbs | search | rss | faq | about | register
digg | del.icio.us | sphere | google

Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Add mad_owl to your ignore list  
Old 2003-09-18, 06:11
mad_owl mad_owl is offline
Regular
 
BAY AREA
Default

ok, im a noob to totse but please still take my question seriously... i was wonering if there is any certain religous backround behind a spiral. Becosue I had the most insane experance of my life when I was at a large spiral made of rocks at the top of a big and I saw something I couldnt discribe in words.. It was amazing im sure some people out there know the kind of experance im talking aobut

thanks

mo
  #2   Add Mota Boy to your ignore list  
Old 2003-09-18, 07:40
Mota Boy Mota Boy is offline
Regular
 
The Confederacy
Default

In Sanskrit texts, the spiral is the symbol for the contained potential of the divine within. The spiral is a predominate theme in paganism, though I don't know exactly what it means to wiccans.

[This message has been edited by Mota Boy (edited 09-18-2003).]
  #3   Add Fuck to your ignore list  
Old 2003-09-18, 08:25
Fuck Fuck is offline
Regular
 
US
Default

I may be wrong but I think it has something to do with "sacred" geometry. Some think the fractal images have something to do with this kind of thing too... Tool sings about this kind of spiritual stuff...

(From Lateralus) "Ride the Spiral to the end we may just go where no one's been... Spiral out, keep going..."

I found this site linked from another site that interpretted tool's lyrics. It seems to be exactly what you're talking about. I just stumbled on it today too... weird....

http://www.floweroflife.org/spiral01.htm

and just out of sincere curiousity, could you at least try to put what you saw into words? I have seen some unbelievable things too, many here at totse have. Science of the Damned is a good forum for sharing strange experiences.
  #4   Add mad_owl to your ignore list  
Old 2003-09-18, 16:04
mad_owl mad_owl is offline
Regular
 
BAY AREA
Default

I saw evreything in the clouds and the most spectacular things they were thats all I can say becouse we did swear right there that we wouldnt tell anybody about the stuff we saw. it was like a proven religion, a miricle right in front of our eyes the whole world disapeared for a while and we were stuck there, with huge changes in emotion and diffrent perception.....

MO
  #5   Add -_-OsiriS-_- to your ignore list  
Old 2003-09-19, 23:47
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default

Sounds very trippy, almost like something I experienced on an acid trip. Are you sure you were sober at the time?
  #6   Add mad_owl to your ignore list  
Old 2003-09-20, 01:19
mad_owl mad_owl is offline
Regular
 
BAY AREA
Default

Well it was after like a bowl. But I wasnt very high

mo
  #7   Add -_-OsiriS-_- to your ignore list  
Old 2003-09-20, 04:23
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default

That's what they always think. Now if you were completely sober when you saw this, then wow, but come on man.
  #8   Add mad_owl to your ignore list  
Old 2003-09-20, 04:59
mad_owl mad_owl is offline
Regular
 
BAY AREA
Default

I wasnt even like feeling the cronic though i got like a hit off the bowl
  #9   Add CheapShot to your ignore list  
Old 2003-09-24, 00:57
CheapShot CheapShot is offline
Regular
 
Rockin out in the Blue Egg
Default

If you would like to learn of the secret of the spiral, try reading Uzumaki, a comic by some japanese guy. I forgot his name, sorry
  #10   Add F8l error to your ignore list  
Old 2003-09-24, 05:46
F8l error F8l error is offline
Regular
 
Salt lake city, UT
Default

I've seen the spiral.

I guess I saw it in a different context though, the sprial symbolised the path of my own life. Twists & turns, ups & downs, eventually culminating into ...I'm not sure.

There are other shapes too. I don't know if I should talk about them with other people, some things people have to experience for themselves, free of any existing prejudice.

Try to figure out what the spiral means for you, don't base your decision on someone elses opinions.
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:56.


 

 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Advertise | Art | Carnality | Community | Contact Us | Copyright Policy | Entertainment | FAQ
Link to totse.com | Science | Search | Society | Submissions | Technology
Hot Topics
The great films
Harsh Times
Let the right one in
Do NOT watch the movie Burn After Reading
Notorious
Sicko
WW2 movies from the other side
Disturbing as oppose to Disgusting
 
Sponsored Links
 
Ads presented by the
AdBrite Ad Network