Your Ad Here
About
Community
News of the Temple
Community Bulletin Board
Chat
Art
Carnality
Entertainment
Science
Society
Technology
bbs | search | rss | faq | about | register
digg | del.icio.us | sphere | google

Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Add lawnmower_midget_mocha to your ignore list  
Old 2003-09-24, 01:38
lawnmower_midget_mocha lawnmower_midget_mocha is offline
Regular
 
columbia, SC
Default

Am I the only one on this planet who can't stand people who reject other people's religion when the know nothing of that persons religion?
  #2   Add tokaygecko to your ignore list  
Old 2003-09-24, 07:20
tokaygecko tokaygecko is offline
Regular
 
US unfortunately.
Default

There's a difference between rejecting a religion and rejecting a person for their religion. I reject all religion, because it doesn't make sense to me. I know many people who are deeply religious and deeply spiritual. I don't avoid tham becasue they have differing beliefs, and they don't avoid me. I don't think there's any problem with that. I'm here to debate the existence of god(s). I've accepted that one truly strong in their beliefs won't be swayed. But, I can't stay away from a good argument.

  #3   Add Kikey_Kikeowitz to your ignore list  
Old 2003-09-24, 07:26
Kikey_Kikeowitz Kikey_Kikeowitz is offline
Regular
 
Phoenix, AZ
Default

I don't have a problem with athiests, I don't have a problem with other theists.

Well, most of them, at least. THere's plenty of both that are idiots.

I hate idiots.
  #4   Add Hammer&Sickle to your ignore list  
Old 2003-09-27, 03:39
Hammer&Sickle
Guest
 
Default

Diddo
  #5   Add ArmsMerchant to your ignore list  
Old 2003-09-27, 05:14
ArmsMerchant ArmsMerchant is offline
Moderator
 
Wasilla, Alaska
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Hammer&Sickle:

Diddo
"Diddo"? Are you trying to say "ditto" or "dildo"?

Anyway, I think I agree with the above. You can believe in Mumbo Jumbo, god of the congo for all I care, as long as you don't try to put me into your stewpot.
  #6   Add khisanth to your ignore list  
Old 2003-09-27, 05:31
khisanth khisanth is offline
Regular
 
look behind you
Default

No, not at all. You get all these people shoving religious/holy books into you hands and telling you their way is right, and anyone else shall burn in hell forever more, and they dont know a damned thing about other religions or how they function. Shit, they don't even know how much of their religion is based off another one with a completely different set of beliefs.
  #7   Add crunked to your ignore list  
Old 2003-09-27, 06:28
crunked crunked is offline
Regular
 
Default

Don't put all the blame on people of religion trying to stuff their ideologies down others throats. Atheists et. al do the same goddam thing, always calling anyone who believes in god an idiot and questioning their thoughts, telling them how their theology is not the right way to think.

quit sucking up....it's obvious.

Its a two way street.

  #8   Add Armed&Angry to your ignore list  
Old 2003-09-27, 17:39
Armed&Angry
Guest
 
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lawnmower_midget_mocha:

Am I the only one on this planet who can't stand people who reject other people's religion when the know nothing of that persons religion?
But of course. On the other hand, I do know that by definition a religion has no logical basis. Given my strong personal aversion to this, am I not justified in rejecting religion in general?
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:56.


 

 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Advertise | Art | Carnality | Community | Contact Us | Copyright Policy | Entertainment | FAQ
Link to totse.com | Science | Search | Society | Submissions | Technology
Hot Topics
The great films
Harsh Times
Let the right one in
Do NOT watch the movie Burn After Reading
Notorious
Sicko
WW2 movies from the other side
Disturbing as oppose to Disgusting
 
Sponsored Links
 
Ads presented by the
AdBrite Ad Network