About
Community
News of the Temple
Community Bulletin Board
Chat
Art
Carnality
Entertainment
Science
Society
Technology
bbs | search | rss | faq | about | register
digg | del.icio.us | sphere | google

Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Add Linkingoldfish to your ignore list  
Old 2004-01-10, 04:25
Linkingoldfish Linkingoldfish is offline
Regular
 
my house aim:ashlie 206 Send a message via ICQ to Linkingoldfish
Default

I was wondering you're opinion on this religion. I don't think it's that wide spread, or maybe I'm clueless. Also, I was wondering if any of you people are wiccan or not.
  #2   Add ChaosWyrm to your ignore list  
Old 2004-01-10, 22:55
ChaosWyrm ChaosWyrm is offline
Regular
 
Texas USA
Default

It's pretty widespread. And like any religion there are people who truly believe and follow it's precepts, and many more who simply do it because it's currently the cool thing to do amongst their circle of friends.

I have no problem with Wicca, other than disagreeing with many of it's precepts. But then again, I have the same view of most religions. To each their own, believe what feels RIGHT to you and helps you live your life to it's fullest reward. If you disagree with my view, fine, I can accept that, but if you try to push your view on me, you better be prepared for your beliefs to be challenged.

As for the last question: I am not a wiccan.

-=CW=-

  #3   Add MKUltra to your ignore list  
Old 2004-01-11, 00:29
MKUltra MKUltra is offline
Regular
 
close to the LD50
Default

yes, er it's a great religion.

if you like to dance around at the equinox that is <obscure references>.
  #4   Add JesusTookMyBike123 to your ignore list  
Old 2004-01-11, 19:25
JesusTookMyBike123 JesusTookMyBike123 is offline
Regular
 
Exeter RI
Default

It's pretty widespread, there are a lot of Wiccan schools you can attend just like any Catholic school.

I have friends who are Wiccan and I mean a lot of it has meaning then some of it seems to good to be true. It is hyped up to be what it's not. Overall really it's just being able to respect our earth and in return it will give back to you. The earth being the spirit Akasha I believe.(correct me if I am wrong)

I think it deserves just as much recognition as any other religion even though it doesn't. I am not Wiccan but as with any other religion I can respect it.
  #5   Add Keltoiberserker to your ignore list  
Old 2004-01-12, 05:29
Keltoiberserker Keltoiberserker is offline
Regular
 
Danbury CT USA
Default

I respect Wicca and Wiccans, however I don't like kids saying I'm Wiccan or I'm a Buddhist because they just learned a little about it.

Personally, I'm a Heathen, I'm not involved into what I'm researching to be considered part of it (Asatru).
  #6   Add Keltoiberserker to your ignore list  
Old 2004-01-12, 05:31
Keltoiberserker Keltoiberserker is offline
Regular
 
Danbury CT USA
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Keltoiberserker:

I respect Wicca and Wiccans, however I don't like kids saying I'm Wiccan or I'm a Buddhist because they just learned a little about it.

Personally, I'm a Heathen, I'm haven't learned enough and I am not involved enough in what I'm researching to be considered part of it (Asatru).
  #7   Add Faithless to your ignore list  
Old 2004-01-12, 17:32
Faithless Faithless is offline
Regular
 
Default

I think its one of these 'revived' religions from the turn of the century which has little or no relation to the original ancient whatever...
  #8   Add Black Flag to your ignore list  
Old 2004-01-12, 23:45
Black Flag Black Flag is offline
Regular
 
Long beach city
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ChaosWyrm:

I have no problem with Wicca, other than disagreeing with many of it's precepts. But then again, I have the same view of most religions. To each their own, believe what feels RIGHT to you and helps you live your life to it's fullest reward. If you disagree with my view, fine, I can accept that, but if you try to push your view on me, you better be prepared for your beliefs to be challenged.

I think you said that nicely.
  #9   Add Inside_Voices to your ignore list  
Old 2004-01-12, 23:52
Inside_Voices Inside_Voices is offline
Regular
 
Bielefeld Germany
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Black Flag:

I think you said that nicely.
Here here!

...Or is it Hear hear? Yea either way, i agree.
  #10   Add GlitterPunk112358 to your ignore list  
Old 2004-01-13, 01:52
GlitterPunk112358 GlitterPunk112358 is offline
Regular
 
Default

I haven't read anything in this thread. With that out of the way, I see nothing wrong with wicca except the people who practice it. Of all the religions in the world, wicca appears to be one of the least stupid (next to buddhism and the ones that don't believe anything [unitarian universalism, secular humanism..]). My big issue is with all the kindergoths, for lack of a better word, who think it's cool to be a "witch." ..fuckasses
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:59.


 

 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Advertise | Art | Carnality | Community | Contact Us | Copyright Policy | Entertainment | FAQ
Link to totse.com | Science | Search | Society | Submissions | Technology
Hot Topics
The great films
Harsh Times
Let the right one in
Do NOT watch the movie Burn After Reading
Notorious
Sicko
WW2 movies from the other side
Disturbing as oppose to Disgusting
 
Sponsored Links
 
Ads presented by the
AdBrite Ad Network