About
Community
News of the Temple
Community Bulletin Board
Chat
Art
Carnality
Entertainment
Science
Society
Technology
bbs | search | rss | faq | about | register
digg | del.icio.us | sphere | google

Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Add SEN D-F to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-08, 03:41
SEN D-F SEN D-F is offline
Regular
 
SomeEverydayNobody
Default

A lot of people who don't believe in God request proof of his existance from those who do believe. Obviously nothing that would be accepted as proof by a non-believer can be presented.

So, I request that some non-believer proove that they exist. Proove that I am not in a dream, and this is not all fake. Or how do you know Im not a figment of your imagination? Maybe this is all fake and you are the only thing real about this world. Maybe not.

Proove that you exist.

[This message has been edited by SEN D-F (edited 02-08-2004).]
  #2   Add DgenR8 to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-08, 03:54
DgenR8 DgenR8 is offline
Regular
 
The Great Southern Land. Send a message via ICQ to DgenR8
Default

I don't.
  #3   Add SEN D-F to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-08, 03:59
SEN D-F SEN D-F is offline
Regular
 
SomeEverydayNobody
Default

Prove it. Prove you're a hallucination in my mind.
  #4   Add UnknownVeritas to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-08, 04:05
UnknownVeritas UnknownVeritas is offline
Regular
 
Default

I guess believers and non-believers are even then. Neither can prove existence, of a God or themselves. This has certainly solved a lot...

Here's a fun thing to do, create a small world in your mind. Picture people running around, living out their lives. They exist in your mind. Hey look, you are now God. Do what you want with your little universe.

Who's to say we aren't just someone's dream, or however you want to interpret it.
  #5   Add DgenR8 to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-08, 07:24
DgenR8 DgenR8 is offline
Regular
 
The Great Southern Land. Send a message via ICQ to DgenR8
Default

As I don't exist, providing proof of my non- existance may prove to be just a little hard.
  #6   Add Craftian to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-08, 08:19
Craftian Craftian is offline
Regular
 
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SEN D-F:

Obviously nothing that would be accepted as proof by a non-believer can be presented.
This is not obvious at all. There are plenty of things that I would accept as proof of a deity's existence; verified miracles, a significant personal experience, etc.

Quote:
quote:Proove that you exist.
The word is "prove".

I can send you pictures of myself, I can give you a history of myself, testimony from people who know me, postings I've made on the internet, etc. None of these are "proof" (I could have forged the pictures, made up a history, etc.), but with enough of this evidence it becomes far more likely that I am a real person than that I'm somebody else perpetrating a hoax.

Of course, all gods have going for them are inaccurate histories and high dubious testimony thousands of years old.
  #7   Add 4Sight to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-08, 10:33
4Sight 4Sight is offline
Regular
 
Default

Ooga booga!
  #8   Add lawst_kos to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-08, 18:20
lawst_kos lawst_kos is offline
Regular
 
Default

I think therefore I am.

- Decarte
  #9   Add ashesofzen to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-08, 20:00
ashesofzen ashesofzen is offline
Regular
 
Ventura, CA
Default

good ol' cogito.

methinks you just want an argument of some sort, SEN D-F.



  #10   Add whocares123 to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-08, 20:15
whocares123 whocares123 is offline
Regular
 
S. Africa
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lawst_kos:

I think therefore I am.

- Decarte
I was thinking about that quote from the second I saw this thread. Interesting.

Damn you and you're beating me to it!

Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:04.


 

 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Advertise | Art | Carnality | Community | Contact Us | Copyright Policy | Entertainment | FAQ
Link to totse.com | Science | Search | Society | Submissions | Technology
Hot Topics
The great films
Harsh Times
Let the right one in
Do NOT watch the movie Burn After Reading
Notorious
Sicko
WW2 movies from the other side
Disturbing as oppose to Disgusting
 
Sponsored Links
 
Ads presented by the
AdBrite Ad Network

 
Map of the World
Map of the World Art Print
Elizabeth, Mary
Buy at AllPosters.com

 

TSHIRT HELL T-SHIRTS