About
Community
News of the Temple
Community Bulletin Board
Chat
Art
Carnality
Entertainment
Science
Society
Technology
bbs | search | rss | faq | about | register
digg | del.icio.us | sphere | google

Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Add Dualtenz to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-12, 03:16
Dualtenz Dualtenz is offline
Regular
 
not Tucson Arizona anymore
Default

I had an interesting thought the other day. What if God (assuming that a God exists, not to say that I think one way or the other, but...) is not a higher power, like normally suggested.

God may be our creator(if you so choose to believe), but what if It HAD to create us? God may have created us out of necessity, so It could survive.

Christians, I'm sure, wouldn't be willing to believe this, but it could be true.

I actually don't believe in God, but I thought of this out of boredom one day.

So, what do you think?
  #2   Add Ache to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-12, 04:03
Ache Ache is offline
Regular
 
Default

First off, if God could create an entire species/planet/universe out of necessity, I wouldn't look at him/her/it as a lesser being. Also, if God had the power to do such things as those, I really don't think he would NEED (He may have just wanted us for His amusement) to act like a parasite to survive. Don't get me wrong, I like your theory, in fact I like it alot. But in my mind, it just seems a little farfetched that a being that could create a universe whenever he pleased, would need humans to survive. Or maybe I'm just narrow-minded. For all I know, He could have made sloths for that purpose instead of us. We were just an unfortunate side-effect.
  #3   Add Diokhan to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-12, 09:23
Diokhan Diokhan is offline
Regular
 
The great pacific emerald isle
Default

Maybe a parasitic god that needs to feed upon our belief in order to become more powerful? For all we know we could be no more than some form of spiritual corn, planted in order to sustain our creator. This idea is fun to toy with.
  #4   Add Qoh to your ignore list  
Old 2004-02-12, 17:10
Qoh Qoh is offline
Regular
 
k
Default

Possibly this God is a part of a larger world which was created by another god. There could be many gods creating this. Possibly in time we are to create a race and world in our image. Possibly that world could create another and in the end the one that we had created created and so on had created what created us. Just a theory and a shitty one at that.

>QOH<
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:05.


 

 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Advertise | Art | Carnality | Community | Contact Us | Copyright Policy | Entertainment | FAQ
Link to totse.com | Science | Search | Society | Submissions | Technology
Hot Topics
The great films
Harsh Times
Let the right one in
Do NOT watch the movie Burn After Reading
Notorious
Sicko
WW2 movies from the other side
Disturbing as oppose to Disgusting
 
Sponsored Links
 
Ads presented by the
AdBrite Ad Network

 
Map of the World
Map of the World Art Print
Elizabeth, Mary
Buy at AllPosters.com

 

TSHIRT HELL T-SHIRTS