About
Community
News of the Temple
Community Bulletin Board
Chat
Art
Carnality
Entertainment
Science
Society
Technology
bbs | search | rss | faq | about | register
digg | del.icio.us | sphere | google

Go Back   Community > Society > My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God

My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Add Aircow MK II to your ignore list  
Old 2006-12-22, 23:04
Aircow MK II Aircow MK II is offline
Regular
 
South Australia
Default

I'm not even sure if other atheists out there even need comforting, or anything like that, But what I'm talking about is like, there a link between atheism and substance abuse?

Do atheists feel lost and alone in the world, and hence turn to drugs, or is that just a coincidence that some people are druggies and atheists, like Christian surfers.

So like, 2 questions.

atheist/substance abuse link?

what do you atheists use for comfort?
Reply With Quote
  #2   Add CreamOfWarholSoup to your ignore list  
Old 2006-12-22, 23:08
CreamOfWarholSoup CreamOfWarholSoup is offline
Regular
 
Just off the capital, Canada
Default

I use other humans for comfort. Socially, sexually, and emotionally.
Reply With Quote
  #3   Add dontdrinkbleach to your ignore list  
Old 2006-12-22, 23:22
dontdrinkbleach dontdrinkbleach is offline
Regular
 
Birmingham, UK
Default

The cold, reassuring fact that nothing I do, ever, will ever matter.
Reply With Quote
  #4   Add Ford Prefect to your ignore list  
Old 2006-12-22, 23:26
Ford Prefect Ford Prefect is online now
Regular
 
longyearbyen Send a message via AIM to Ford Prefect
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CreamOfWarholSoup:

I use other humans for comfort. Socially, sexually, and emotionally.


Well put.

-F☺rd
Reply With Quote
  #5   Add Kooper0 to your ignore list  
Old 2006-12-23, 02:51
Kooper0 Kooper0 is offline
Regular
 
UK
Default

The knowledge that the decisions and actions I make will directly influence outcomes.

Rather than some deity pre-planning my whole life.
Reply With Quote
  #6   Add Twisted_Ferret to your ignore list  
Old 2006-12-23, 02:58
Twisted_Ferret Twisted_Ferret is offline
Regular
 
Mars
Default

The computer. On the other hand, the idea of God never really comforted me... so I don't think my atheism has a large effect on what I turn to for comfort.
Reply With Quote
  #7   Add DaedalusOwnsYou to your ignore list  
Old 2006-12-23, 03:23
DaedalusOwnsYou DaedalusOwnsYou is offline
Regular
 
Odessa, FL US
Default

Having a strong enough psyche to recognize when I would turn to God for comfort and eliminating the thought. Controlling one's mind is only a matter of will power.
Reply With Quote
  #8   Add bitplane to your ignore list  
Old 2006-12-23, 03:44
bitplane bitplane is offline
Regular
 
Default

for me it's the fact that I'm contributing towards the future of the universe, which ever path it may take.

I'm the proverbial butterfly, I flap my wings and it causes chaos elsewhere.

the universe has become self aware, and in the future it may be thankful to people who made it what it is. if i get no recognition this doesn't matter, so long as i played my part, made a difference, or even made no difference at all, I will have been part of the story of the universe. This, to me, is the most wonderful thing in existence, it almost makes me weep to be part of this phase of awareness. i love myself and all of you. we are the most exciting part of existence to date, and I love it.

simply beautiful isn't it?
Reply With Quote
  #9   Add Kykeon to your ignore list  
Old 2006-12-23, 04:00
Kykeon Kykeon is offline
Regular
 
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dontdrinkbleach:

The cold, reassuring fact that nothing I do, ever, will ever matter.
I keep this in mind, as well as reminding myself that it does matter in a way. But only to myself and my own set of values. Soon enough, though, that won't matter either, and I'm okay with that.
Reply With Quote
  #10   Add CreamOfWarholSoup to your ignore list  
Old 2006-12-23, 04:49
CreamOfWarholSoup CreamOfWarholSoup is offline
Regular
 
Just off the capital, Canada
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ford Prefect:



Well put.

-F☺rd
Though we post in the same thread rarely, We get along well.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:15.


 

 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Advertise | Art | Carnality | Community | Contact Us | Copyright Policy | Entertainment | FAQ
Link to totse.com | Science | Search | Society | Submissions | Technology
Hot Topics
The great films
Harsh Times
Let the right one in
Do NOT watch the movie Burn After Reading
Notorious
Sicko
WW2 movies from the other side
Disturbing as oppose to Disgusting
 
Sponsored Links
 
Ads presented by the
AdBrite Ad Network

 

 

TSHIRT HELL T-SHIRTS